Finding the best Glock sight is not tough, but you will want to know what’s available to you. Many users never need to replace the factory Glock rear sights.
The factory front sight, on the other hand, is frequently easy to lose on some generations of Glock. The factory sights are also not particularly amazing for pistol sights. They are functional, and they will work until you get serious about your shooting needs.
The front sight of some generations of Glock pistols is prone to be blown off by simply shooting the gun. The rear sights (as well as the front) are mostly made of polymer too, which makes them particularly tacky looking for some people and the general quality of the sights is particularly low.
For a gun that has so many loyal fans because of its integration, reliability, and durability, the sights often seem like an afterthought on Glock pistols.
Glock SP00182 Sight Rear 6.5
$9.65 out of stock
|Color||Black with White Outline|
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 0911900000000|
|Item Dimensions||Weight: 100|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 20; Length: 700; Weight: 2; Width: 20|
|Product Type Name||SPORTING_GOODS|
|Title||Glock SP00182 Sight Rear 6.5|
|UPC List||UPC List Element: 911900000000|
Glock Sight All Glocks White Front Sight SP06956
$7.37 in stock
- Category: Sights/Lasers/Lights
If not, there are plenty of great sights available for the Glock Pistols just make sure you are buying for the correct Glock model when you purchase.
Types of Sights Available for the Glock
There are a ton of sights available for the Glock pistols. The company surely knows of its sight deficiencies, but they did provide some fixes a few generations back to address site shortcomings. That said, there is still a lot to be desired. Thankfully a lot of options and brands exist for the replacement of your Glock-sights.
Tritium and Night-Sights
Tritium sights feature an inert radioactive gas trapped in a glass vial that will glow for a predetermined amount of time. Generally, Tritium gas tubes will last 7-12 years, though some last less and some last longer. It is the radioactive isotope shedding its energy that makes the product glow and it is harmless in the form it is presented in.
Not that you could or would do it, but even if your glass vial were to break and you were to come in contact with the tritium material, it would still essentially be harmless to you. It simply does not exert the type of radioactivity that will cause you a problem and it is neutralized by things like air, and solid materials.
One of the first things most self-defense specific users of the Glock platform do when they get their new Glock is changing the factory stock sights to a Night-Sight version. Glock offers this option from the factory at a small discount from a total outlay of money perspective.
They are good quality sights from the factory, but they too, are spartan. They are made simply for functionality. Because of that, aftermarket tritium glowing sights are usually the sight of choice for discerning personal protection shooters.
Fiber optics come in two “flavors”. One pairs it with Tritium vials to get an all-light scenario benefit. The other is a simple fiberoptic colored tube that gathers available daylight and forces it into the flat angle of the tube allowing you to get bright-sight dots to align in outdoor scenarios. It is relatively effective indoors too.
Very simply: this is a set of sights that is steel instead of polymer-based, to replace the Glock-sights as close to OEM as possible while adding some basic toughness.
Suppressor sights are taller versions of the regular front and rear sights to allow you to shoot with a suppressor on.
For dedicated target use of the Glock pistols, you can get adjustable sights. These are mostly for those who are looking to go past 25 feet on paper targets, or for longer-range steel/reactive target shooting.
You can definitely replace Glock rear sights with a hammer and a punch. You’ll need a nut driver that fits the low-profile hex nut on the Glock front-sight. You can also replace some generations of the front sight by just squeezing them with a pair of pliers until they break off, or with the gentle use of a small punch. The point that you can do it, doesn’t mean that you should do it.
There are dedicated sight tools to ensure you can replace the sights properly yourself. Some companies will charge $15-50 to do the work for you, but you’d be surprised how easy it is to do yourself. Sure, you’d be out some money for the tooling, but if you are an avid user of your pistol for target use, you can probably justify the costs.
You’ll also be able to help all your shooting buddies if you have a sight-tool. The tools are mostly universal, so they will work for your other pistols too, for the most part.
There are a few good choices that range in price from pretty inexpensive to pretty expensive. They each have their appropriate fit though, and you can see them here:
Wheeler 710905 Engineering Armorer's Handgun Sight Tool
2 used from $82.52
- ACCURACY: Features reference marks for making precise adjustments
- EASE OF USE: Precision machined with a large 4-post drive knob to easily push the sight and can be used to install, uninstall or adjust front and rear dovetail sights
- VERSATILITY: Works on all semi-auto pistols and the sight prong is reversible to accommodate Glock slides
- RELIABLE: Fully captures and supports slide so it will not break or deform
- DURABLE: Constructed of an aluminum frame with steel components
The Wheeler Unit is a professional tool made mostly for Armorers and Gunsmiths who do larger volumes of sight moving and replacement. It’s the most expensive tool that still is reasonably priced, and it may not fit many users because of the cost of the unit and the lack of need for such a tool because you lack the frequency of use needed to justify it.
Professional Front Sight Tool for Glock 3/16" Hex Nut Driver
- Large Handle Front Sight Removal Tool for Glock and others
- Overall length is 4.8"
- Precision front sight tool will not rust or break when removing front sight screws
- Special thin wall tip for low profile 3/16" hex front sight screws
- Shank is machined from stainless
This is a nut driver for the Glock Front-sight. It is an inexpensive tool that you may need to use only a few times in your life, but it’s probably worth the investment. With the Loc-Tite listed below, you may only use it once or twice, but it’s still probably worth the investment.
ATG Patch and NcStar
$58.99 in stock
- Rear sight pusher will work with 90 degree and 30 degree rear sight profiles. Sig Sauer, H&K, CZ, Glock, S&W, and more.
- Both side witness windows tool frame to check sight alignment
- Sight tool frame can be bolted to, clamped onto work surface, or clamped onto a work vice
- Heavy duty Blue Anodized aluminum frame with steel tools
- A must-have tool for removal, Installation, and Adjusting windage of dovetailed rear sights for most Semi-Auto Pistol slides.
This is the budget combination tool that will give you a lesser quality universal sight-tool for pistols than the Wheeler unit above but is still sufficient to move your sights if used properly. The included small nut driver is suitable for Glock front-sight adjustment or removal/replacement. For the money, this has very good value, but it has its limitations too.
Loc-Tite is a brand name kind of like Kleenex or Xerox or Google; as it has become synonymous with the product it offers. Instead of calling it thread locker, or glue, or epoxy, people just refer to it as Loc-Tite. It’s the best product for what it does, period.
Nothing else even comes close for thread locking. You will want to secure your front sight (and incidentally many other things on many other guns) with this #242 Blue thread-locking compound as it is a removable option that still secures your threaded parts in place very well.
You can use other, stronger compounds like Loc-Tite RED, but you will likely regret it. The Blue #242 will actually allow the threads to release easily, but the vibration will not knock them loose. It’s perfect for protecting (especially fine threads) against vibration and recoil.
8 Best Glock Sights
- WHITE RINGS: Bright & Tough Night Sights feature a white ring around the glowing dots for daylight visibility
- TRITIUM-PHOSPHOR LAMP: Tritium-filled glass lamp provides superior illumination in no light or low light settings
- SAPPHIRE WINDOW: Each Trijicon tritium lamp is capped with a sapphire jewel which helps to evenly distribute the light from the tritium lamp as well as protect it from solvents and puncture
- PROTECTIVE ALUMINUM CYLINDERS: Contains and protects the tritium gas filled lamps from heavy recoil and harsh cleaning solvents
- Fits Glock Models: 17, 17L, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 37, 38 and 39. Housed in a metal body and cushioned within silicone rubber feature a unique shock-resistant design
Trijicon is the original purveyor of the night sight for Glocks. It is truly a pioneer in tritium gun sight technology and has even introduced it into glass-based sights/optics.
The use of tritium has made this company a major household name in shooting and they offer a premium tier product. The durability of Trijicon products is legendary.
This is evident when you look at the build quality of these tiny sights that cost less than $100. Even at a reasonable price point, they feature tritium inside of an aluminum and sapphire glass lamp body which protects against a loss of the tritium gas.
The white polymer ring that surrounds the lamp face (a dot) offers outside and daylight visibility too.
- One of the two original options for sights for the Glock – it has the history
- Exceptional brand credibility
- Best Glock 19 Sights – for that matter any Glock variant and model can use these sights if you choose the model
- No real CONS
Why It’s Recommended
Top-quality materials and build. This is the original purveyor for the tritium gas-filled items in pistol shooting. The name is legendary, and its durability is second to none. For the price the Trijicon represents the best value for this list, all things considered.
- FASTER TARGET ACQUISITION - When brightness counts, get the TruGlo TFO Night Sight, compatible with Glock Handguns; Increase accuracy and improve your shooting skills with this Tritium & Fiber-Optic Handgun Sight, perfect for faster target acquisition
- UNMATCHED VISIBILITY - When shooting in glaring daylight or complete darkness, in any situation, this Bright Gun Sight gathers all existing light and holds it tight for unmatched visibility; In addition, concealed fiber cannot be seen by the target
- TFO TECHNOLOGY - Combining glow-in-dark Swiss Tritium and Fiber-Optic elements, this TruGlo Night Sight for handguns provides a consistently bright picture; This patented TFO technology ensures 24-hour visibility without any batteries or light exposure
- SNAG-FREE DESIGN - Constructed of durable CNC-machined steel and protected with a Nitride Fortress Finish, this TFO Glowing Sight is built to last; Moreover, the snag-resistant design won't catch on clothing and fits standard holsters
- COMPATIBILITY - The TFO Green Front & Yellow Rear Sights are compatible with Glock 17/17L, 19/19X, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 33, 34, 35, 39, & 45 (excludes M.O.S. models); The TruGlo Gun Sights are indispensable shooting accessories in any light conditions
TRUGLO TFO glows in the dark and glows in the day. These sights are great for those who want both a defensive low light option but prefer to use a robust sight during the day or at the range.
The fiber optics backed onto the tritium-filled tube give a fantastic sight picture in the daytime or nighttime, regardless of where you need to use your gun.
It is not as durable as the Trijicon or Meprolight but it may be more versatile for those who do a lot of range shooting.
- Fiber Optic Technology
- Tritium Phosphor technology
- USA Made
- Less durable than some options on this list; particularly the Trijicon night sights for this use case.
Why It’s Recommended
It’s a versatile Glock pistol-sight for those who need fast attenuation and shoots in a variety of conditions. It’s a top choice for those who don’t need the strongest option for nighttime/low light defensive shooting that the Trijicon set offers.
Those that target shoot and won’t need the defensive capabilities of the dedicated sights will like this pair better more often than not.
- Steel replacement set for the original plastic sights
- Features three white dots
- Fits All Glock Models
- NON-TRITIUM SIGHTS
The Trijicon GL05 is a simple replacement for the standard factory sights. The large white dot is a stark contrast to the smaller dots on the rear-sight and offers easy sight picture attenuation.
The strong durable steel construction gives much more durability for sight set. The small price of the set and the obvious build quality makes it a bargain.
These sights give a long-lasting bight white three-dot convention. This is not painted on and will not wear away.
- Easy to attenuate
- Fast Picture
- Low price
- Almost a direct replacement for the standard factory pistol sights
Why It’s Recommended
Trijicon quality is top-notch. This set is particularly easy to attenuate to and the cost is exceptionally low. The use of top quality materials means they should last as long as your pistol. It’s the simple direct replacement for immediate durability improvements.
$43.19 in stock
- DAY & NIGHT SIGHTS - When the lights go out, your sidearm doesn't need to be left in the dark; The TruGlo Tritium Handgun Sights transition from white dots during the daylight, to glowing green dots for superior visibility in low-light conditions
- HIGH VISIBILITY - These Glowing Gun Sights feature Swiss Tritium elements that provide a bright and consistent glow, along with an excellent sight picture in low light or even complete darkness; Tritium does not require batteries or any light exposure
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION - You're on the go and count on your handgun to be rugged and reliable; Your gun sights should be held to the same standard - which is why TruGlo Night Sights are machined from solid steel and treated with a Fortress Finish
- SNAG-FREE DESIGN - Durable and reliable, the Tritium Handgun Sights have a smooth and snag-resistant design, that won't catch on clothing and fits standard holsters; These compact-sized Gun Sights are perfect for faster target acquisition
- COMPATIBILITY - The Tritium Night Sight Set is compatible with Glock 20, 21, 25, 29, 30, 31, 32, 37, 40, & 41 (Excludes M.O.S. models); The TruGlo Front & Rear Handgun Sights are indispensable shooting accessories no matter the lightning
The TRUGLO Tritium is a direct competitor to the Tritium gas-filled Trijicon sights, with a better price point. They offer some compelling points to the market.
It comes down to a few things as to which one you will choose if you’re in the market for tritium night sights, as this one offers a better price point compared to the Trijicon, but the Trijicon offers more durability and better finish quality.
These lights are high quality in their own right and offer a very nice price of entry. The rounded edges are decidedly snag-free.
They are usable in both low light and regular light scenarios because of the white rings around the vials of Tritium gas.
- Almost a direct competitor to the Trijicon night-sights which means it’s a quality product
- Night-sights with Tritium
- Low price point
- Finish quality is just ok
Why It’s Recommended
The low-price leader for Tritium-filled night sights offers a good competitor to the Best in Class Trijicon offering for those who prefer the aesthetics of this brand or like the lower cost.
- Product Type: Sporting Goods
- Package Dimensions: 18.288 L X 12.192 W X 3.302 H (Centimeters)
- Package Weight: 0.100 Pounds
- Country Of Origin: China
Based on the technique of finding the front sight and fighting with that as the strategic focal point. The Big Dot for Glock set of sights utilizes a top-quality build style and materials, including a Trijicon vial in the front sight.
The large white dot and the simple sloping “V” style of the rear sight make faster acquisition possible. This is a fantastic new “innovation” for self-defense and shooting while moving.
It is not the most accurate sight picture, but it is faster and offers legitimate increases in performance for those under stress – relying on the muscle memory and intuition of shooting to account for accuracy needs as much as sight picture.
- Innovative picture and technique for fast front acquisition
- Incorporates Trijicon front-sight
- A new style to get used to
Why It’s Recommended
Good sights for on the move or for front sight only acquisition. The Big Dot for Glock is a quality set of sights that places intuition and instinct above the concept that you would, under stress and adrenaline be able to find your sights and pull off a shot before you are hurt by an attacker. This is for the fastest short-range target acquisition.
Meprolight Glock Tru-Dot Night
$85.49 in stock
1 used from $89.99
- COMPATBILITY: Compatible with Glock Standard frames 17,17L,19,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,31,32,33,34,35,37,38,39,45
- GETTING ON TARGET: The MEPRO TRU-DOT fixed Night Sights offer the most reliable illumination for day or night shooting. Premium grade tritium vials make your sights visible in lowlight and nighttime conditions. The Tritium vials are surrounded by white reflective material that maximize the intensity and brightness of the tritium source to ensure fast target acquisition. Both rear and front tritium source appear white during the day.
- ALWAYS ON: Tritium powered, No batteries, No light needed – Always producing light and always ready 24/7/365. Does not need to be charged with a light source unlike Phosphorus. 3 tritium colors available for the rear sight only: green/yellow/orange (for selected models) whereas only green tritium color is available on the front sight. Maintenance free, can be mounted directly with no modifications.
- HIGH DURABILITY: The MEPRO TRU-DOT sights are drop- and shockproof. Made of steel, they make an excellent upgrade to your pistol and gives you instinctive aiming under pressure. Trusted by law enforcement and military personnel over the world, these tritium Sights are reliable in any lighting or weather condition.
- 12-year guarantee for tritium illumination.
The Meprolight is the other of the two original tritium purveyors of night sights for the Glock pistols They offer a very competitive product that still is not quite as good but is lower priced and has its own perks and benefits relative to the Trijicon. These are made by Meprolight and have a long history of quality products.
- A direct competitor to Trijicon at a better price point
- High-quality build
- One of the original options for the Glock in Tritium
- Not as good in daylight as it is in low light
Why It’s Recommended
Meprolight is a high-quality brand and the tritium is of high quality. They are one of three top competitors for the tritium sights for use in low light. It may be the best dedicated low light sight but doesn’t have the same kind of performance for daylight/daytime. The low-price offsets this concern.
- Fits: Glock 17, 17L, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 37, 38, 39
- Professional installation recommended
- Finish: black. Rear Notch Width-0.15 inch
The Trijicon Suppressor is the finest mainstream suppressor height sight available for the Glock Pistols. With the Trijicon tritium build that is essentially unbreakable, these offer heightened low light visibility and very good daytime/daylight attenuation too.
- Perhaps the Perfect Suppressor Night-sights
- Tritium filled
- No real CONS to speak of
Why It’s Recommended
Trijicon quality in a functional sight that looks good and is made to last with ultra-high durability and reliability.
Meprolight Glock Tru-Dot
- COMPATBILITY: Compatible with Glock 17,19,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,31,32,33,34,35,37,38,39
- GETTING ON TARGET: The MEPRO TRU-DOT Adjustable Day and Night sights are for those who demand greater accuracy. Windage and elevation adjustments on the rear sight allows you to compensate for windage, elevation, bullet weight and distance when zeroing. Front sight is fixed and cannot be adjusted. Premium grade tritium vials make your sights visible in lowlight and nighttime conditions.
- ALWAYS ON: Tritium powered, No batteries, No light needed – Always producing light and always ready 24/7 for 12 years. Does not need to be charged with a light source unlike Phosphorus.The tritium vials are surrounded by white reflective material that maximize the intensity and brightness of the tritium source to ensure fast target acquisition. Both rear and front tritium source appear white during the day and green on lowlight and nighttime.
- HIGH DURABILITY: The MEPRO TRU-DOT Adjustable Day and Night sights are drop- and shockproof. Made of steel, they make an excellent upgrade and gives you instinctive aiming under pressure. Trusted by law enforcement and military personnel over the world, these tritium Sights are reliable in any lighting or weather condition. Maintenance free, can be mounted directly with no modifications.
- 12-year guarantee for tritium illumination.
If you absolutely need an adjustable sight with low light benefits, the Meprolight is the one to beat. It is not as easy to attenuate in the daylight, but the range of adjustability and the strong performance in low light means this is an easy choice for target shooters who also need defensive pistol sights that may see the low light shooting.
- Quality build
- Truly adjustable
- Night sights with Tritium gas inserts
- Not the best normal light performance regarding fast sight attenuation
Why It’s Recommended
The best adjustable sights on the market for Glock all-in, due to the versatility and the high durability. The Meprolights aren’t perfect, but they offer a lot for the money.
When you see the factory’s original Glock sights, you will be underwhelmed. This is true even though Glock did a full reboot on the sights to improve them after a few years of complaints by shooters of the Glock line of pistols.
That said, the Glock guns represent some of the best values in all of the duty and defensive pistol world, so having to shell out a few more dollars to ensure you have sights you are well pleased with, is a lot easier to swallow.
The best Glock sight is the one that does what you need it to do, but for the platform; that usually involves some sort of low-light benefits. If we had to pick one it would be, hands down, the Trijicon sights, because they have the history, the credibility, and the performance, but most importantly the durability and attention to detail that pairs so nicely with Glock pistols.
The Trijicon is the Glock of the night sight world. It’s a shame Glock never put as much attention to detail and design functionality into their sights as they did the rest of their pistols.
Either way, these are all quality sight sets and while we like the Trijicon the best, there is not a sight set here that we wouldn’t use given the specific use case that they are best suited to individually.
Check out all the other gun accessory articles put together by our expert team here at Guns & Safety Reviews;
- Pistol Lights
- Laser Bore Sighters
- Red Dot Magnifiers
- Shotgun Lights
- Shot Timers
- Rifle Cases
- 308 Scopes
- Rifle Bench Rests
- Rifle Scopes Under $200
Best Glock Sights
The best Glock sight is the one that does what you need it to do, but for the platform; that usually involves some sort of low-light benefits. Be sure to read through the detailed reviews to find what you need.
- Trijicon GL01
- TRUGLO TFO Handgun Sight Set
- Trijicon GL05
- TRUGLO Tritium Handgun Sight Set
- XS 24/7 Big Dot For Glock 9MM/40/357/36
- Meprolight Glock Tru-Dot Night Sight
- Trijicon Suppressor
- Meprolight Glock Tru-Dot Night Sight